Going the extra mile
The U12 isn’t running through Berlin anymore. This metro line was temporarily (for almost eight months) connecting parts of the U1 and the U2 metro lines due to construction works on the U2. For me the U12 was a blessing though, as it made commuting into work very convenient. It only took me thirty minutes from door to door which was especially practical when running late in the mornings. Now I’ve noticed that changing trains extended my trajectory by fifteen minutes per ride. Considering that I work five days a week, this adds up to a total of 2.5 hours per week that I will be additionally spending on the metro.
So I’ve been brainstorming for ideas on how to use that extra time in the train every day. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Reading a book
- Reading the news
- Reading my fellow bloggers’ adventures
- Commenting on my fellow bloggers’ posts
- Brainstorming for blogging topics
- Reflecting on my life
- Thinking about what to get my family for Christmas
- Making my grocery list
- Guessing at what stop the person opposite to me will get off
- Imagining what the person opposite to me might be thinking
- Studying some Turkish
- Texting my friends / family
Do you have any other suggestions? What do YOU spend your time with while commuting to and from work?