10 fairly reasonable reasons to love Berlin
I’ve been living in Berlin (including a 1.5 year Turkey intermezzo) for five and a half years now. No matter where else I go in the world and how long I’m gone for, returning to Berlin always feels like coming home. The city has its very own spirit. Here are ten (rather personal) reasons to love Berlin:
1. Diversity. In Berlin you’re surrounded by all sorts of cultures and languages.
2. You can truly be yourself. No one cares how you dress, what you do or what you don’t do. Just live and let live.
3. There are cellar and roof top bars – you choose where and how you want to celebrate life.
4. Living costs are relatively low compared to other European capitals.
5. A ride in the metro is not just a ride in the metro. It’s a cinema on wheels (cf. #2).
6. Kebab, Currywurst, Thai, Japanese or Indian food? You name it, you find it (cf. #1).
8. Berlin hosts the yearly Carnival of Cultures and many other international events (cf. #1 again).
9. You can sleep on the balcony on a warm summer night. Ok, I assume you can do that elsewhere, too, but I absolutely wanted to include it in the list. Just do it, you’ll love it.
10. It’s Germany’s most Turkish city.
Have you ever been to Berlin? Which points would YOU add to the list?
From → Random