December Travels: Merry Christmas in Northern Germany
One of the things I actually missed when I was living in Turkey was Christmas. I mean, there’s Kirismas but it’s just not the same. I missed the German Christmas, especially the time from December 1st up until the 24th, with its Advent calendar where you get to open a present every day, the St. Nikolaus tradition, the Christmas markets, the mulled wine, sausages, cookie baking, cookie eating, the cozy evenings with friends. So I caught up on all of that this year and enjoyed every second of it.
For the holidays, my siblings and I as well as some extended family gathered at our parents’ house up in Northern Germany.
There are things in life that are just priceless:
- Decorating the Christmas tree with the whole family gathered.
- Talky time with my sister.
- Listening to my favourite podcast with my brother.
- Going for a walk with dad.
- Having silly arguments with mum.
- Playing “Risk” with the whole family.
- Playing memory and cards with the little ones.
- Watching movies all together.
- Lots of hugs.
- And all the yummy food, of course.
There’s nothing like family. Especially during Christmas time.
What are YOUR special Christmas moments 2014?