Izmir, Pearl of the Aegean
Izmir, Turkey’s third largest city which is also known as the Pearl of the Aegean, has been one of my favourite places on earth ever since I set foot on it for the first time in September 2012. I consider myself very lucky of having been able to spend one and a half years in such a beautiful place. Here’s why:
- The SUN. More than 300 sunny days per year.
- Little traffic congestion and reliable public transportation system.
- Calm but lively.
- Proximity to the Aegean Sea.
- Local friendliness.
- Relaxed pace of life.
- Cheaper and less crowded than Istanbul.
- Friendships I have made throughout my stay.
- Holiday feeling when walking around the city.
- Being there just feels right.
Previous Izmir related posts on aNadventures:
Have YOU ever been to Izmir? What did you like best about it?