How to learn the Turkish language (in less than a year)
1. Get enrolled in a course. With a group.
2. Buy the Assimil self-learners kit. (No, I don’t get commission from them. But their system is good.)
3. Move to Turkey.
4. Listen to the people around you.
5. Try to express yourself in Turkish even if people try to help you out in English.
(This won’t happen very often but it may be the case some times.)
6. Live with Turks.
7. Listen to Turkish music.
8. Watch Turkish TV and movies. Start off with Pepee.
9. Read the local newspapers.
10. Smile! A smile says more than a thousand words.